Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Take

Jon & Kate Plus 8 is a reality television show produced in the United States by Figure 8 Films about the Gosselin family, consisting of parents Jon and Kate and their eight children: a pair of fraternal twins and sextuplets. The show follows the family through their daily lives, focusing on the challenges of raising multiple children.

As much of the world knows the Gosselin's have decided to file for divorce. This is my take on it.

Ive been watching it for about a year or so. I'm not a die hard fan but I do like to watch it when its on. I started watching mostly due to curiosity. I was in amazement how they kept the fort down w/two sets of multiples. I also watch because the sextuplets are the same age as McKenzie. Occasionally she will watch with me.

I'm actually tired of hearing about their drama. How high is the divorce rate in this country???? Everyone knows someone who has gone through divorce as a spouse or as a child. They are normal people who grew apart after being together for 10 yrs. People do change whether its for good or bad. Just sadly is their dirty laundry is hung out for the world to see.

I used to love watching them deal with day to day situations you and I go through. Kate left her job as a nurse to tend to her children. They went down to one income. Lots of families do this (to each its own right?). So you saw how they dealt with on mealtimes, managing money, paying bills. Then things starting changing. They received lots of gifts and donations. Personally I think is where the trainwreck begins to start. Jon received a hair transplant and Kate got a tummy tuck - which were both documented on their show. They got trips to NY, Chicago, NC, Disney, Hawaii. Places I know I cant afford to take my children but one day I will. Clothing deals with various brands and designers - GAP, Gymboree, Ed Hardy etc. Yes I know they have 8 kids to support but where do I get any help? I have 2 children and we are living paycheck to paycheck. There are people who are losing their jobs and they get a bunch of freebies because they have 2 sets of multiples???? To me this is absurd. Once the children got older, Kate really started to take care of herself. I'm glad she did and every mom needs to take time to themselves. To me it all started to become Hollywood-ish for me. Next you see them purchasing a 1.1 million dollar home. I understand they needed more space, I cant blame them but they didn't need a McMansion. This is when they both changed.

I don't care who cheated on who. Who doesn't want to be around who etc. But those kids are a top priority. No one wins in a divorce, doesn't matter who filed or wanted it. I only feel for those children. I come from a divorced home, its tough on everyone involved. Its sad to see another family fall apart but its what happens in this country. They are everyday people just like you and I. I do wish that TLC, paparazzi and who ever is spends their day being in their business to give them privacy. If you were getting divorced do you want a camera up in your face asking you questions??? I do hope that Jon and Kate are cordial to each other in front of the children and talking about each other in front of the children. That's not right at all.

There, done and said. I am not going to put in my 2 cents anywhere else about this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment